I contacted a student via LTB messaging but they are not responding. What should I do?
Getting in touch with a student can sometimes be challenging. We never know the student/family situation so we ask that you show perseverance and patience in getting in touch with them. If you release a student they are far less likely to get the help they need, so please make every effort to schedule your first session.
If you have messaged your student via the LTB portal for 1-2 days and they are not responding, please be sure to complete the following steps before releasing your student:
- Message the student on the platform, for the first 1-2 days. The student will be notified of the missed messages via text message as well
- If you do not receive a response within those 1-2 days send a follow-up message something along the lines of “Hi my name is “Tutor” from Learn To Be, wanted to follow up about my previous message. Are you still interested in receiving tutoring?”
- If you have tried all of the above and have not heard back from your student for more than 5 days, you should release them
If you have already done all of the above and still have not been able to contact your student, you should release them following the steps below, and do not add them back to the queue to get connected with a new tutor. Students are notified when you release them, but please send a final message to the family (even though they have been unresponsive) to let them know they have been released and they will need to contact email@example.com if they'd like to be connected with a new tutor in the future.
- Login to your LTB account and click on your student's name from your dashboard. From there you will see more information about your student.
- Then select the drop down menu at the top right corner labeled "More Actions". Then click “Release Student”.
- You will see a list of many options pop up. Select “Student/Family unresponsive to emails” and do NOT add the student back to the queue. That student will be disconnected from you and you can select another student from https://learntobe.org/students.