How do I apply for the President's volunteer service award?
Are you interested in receiving an award from the President to commemorate your great accomplishments? Learn To Be can help!
What is the award?
The purpose of this award is to celebrate and recognize the importance of our LTB tutor volunteers. This award honors individuals whose service positively impacts communities in every corner of the nation and inspires those around them to take action. To learn more about the award, visit https://presidentialserviceawards.gov/.
What are the requirements for eligibility?
- United States citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e., green card holder). Canadian tutors are not eligible.
- Tutoring hours must be completed within a 12-month period (for annual Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards) and over a lifetime (for Lifetime Achievement Awards)
- All hours must be completed and logged in the Learn To Be portal. We do not accept external community service hours.
How to apply for the award:
Once you have completed the hours required, please fill out this verification request form. Be sure to include your name, full address, age, and total hours volunteered for a 12-month period. LTB will review and verify your hours. If everything looks good, you will be notified and mailed your award!
Award applications will be processed once a quarter by Ashley as follows:
- Summer Award submissions deadline September 1st
- Fall Award application submission deadline December 1st
- Winter Award application submission deadline March 1st
- Spring Award Application submission deadline June 1st