How do I apply for the President's volunteer service award?
Are you interested in receiving an award from the President to commemorate your great accomplishments a volunteer tutor? Learn To Be can help!
What is the award?
The purpose of this award is to celebrate and recognize the importance of our LTB tutor volunteers. This award honors individuals whose service positively impacts communities in every corner of the nation and inspires those around them to take action. To learn more about the award, visit https://presidentialserviceawards.gov/.
What are the requirements for eligibility?
- All hours must be completed as a volunteer tutor and logged in the Learn To Be portal. We now accept external community service hours, but a minimum of 50 hours must be completed with Learn To Be. Signed verification of other hours must be provided.
- United States citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e., green card holder). Canadian tutors are not eligible.
- Tutoring hours must be completed within a 12-month period (for annual Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards) and over a lifetime (for Lifetime Achievement Awards)
How to apply for the award:
Once you have completed the hours required, please fill out this verification request form. Be sure to include your name, full address, age, and total hours volunteered for a 12-month period. LTB will review and verify your hours. If everything looks good, you will be notified and mailed your award!
PVSA Testimonial Requirement:
Moving forward, all qualified individuals for the PVSA are required to fill out a PVSA Testimonial Form before finalizing the award. We encourage you to share your experiences and insights, which we will use for our blog post.
Award applications processing schedule:
Award applications will be processed once a quarter by Jossen Jesalva, our Community Support Lead, as follows:
- Summer Award submissions deadline September 1st
- Fall Award application submission deadline December 1st
- Winter Award application submission deadline March 1st
- Spring Award Application submission deadline June 1st